I’ve been involved in Martial Arts for over 30 years. After a career of 23 years in Wireless Communications and Engineering ( Nine which included Service in the US Navy) I decided to leave and start Team Tooke MMA Cypress in May 2009. I used Martial Arts as a tool for personal self development and training for competitions. Since I was a kid I always wanted to grow up and be a Coach due to the positive impact my Coaches in sports over the years helped me to overcome my confidence and learning challenges during school. In 2005 I began teaching Martial Arts for my instructors and realized that Coaching and working with people, especially children was my real Passion. So in May 2009 with the blessing from my current instructor Travis Tooke I opened Team Tooke MMA Cypress as a full time occupation.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt Under Professor Travis Tooke
- 2013 IBJJF World Champion
- 4 th Degree Black Belt in Karate
- 2013 Closed Quarter Self Defense Instructor for the Houston Police SWAT Team
- Published Author on the subject of Bullying
- Goldman Sachs 10K Business Alumni
- Leadership and Development Coach
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT COACHING:
Seeing the shy, insecure and week individual transform into a Strong, Confident, Disciplined and Fit Leader. To see the power of change in helping people realize that they can accomplish something that they never thought they had in themselves or felt they have lost and transfer that into a positive lifestyle change inside and out of the Academy, Especially in our Kid students.